awareness, balance, be aware, brain, conciousness, creative, dance, emotions, energy, fitness, fun, happiness, health, inner dialogue, judgement, left side, logic, mental enery, mental space, mind-body-spirit, minding your mind, modern dance, nia, nia moves, nia technique, pay attention, relax, right side, self, well-being, yoga
“The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new” ~ Pema Chodronng
- Focus: Mental Energy – Minding your Mind
- Intent: Find out which side of the brain you hang out in more?
Nia ‘s approach to working with the mind energy is conscious and mindful. Using a focus and intent to pay attention to your thoughts, beliefs, attitudes and to images you create and draw into your mind.
- 1. How much can you use your mind and still remain relaxed and energized?
- 2. Be with your witness (your buddy) and notice and observe your thoughts without judgement.
- 3. Be aware that not all your thoughts are you own!
- 4. Be aware of what is going on in your mind including the way you think, process, observe and rationalize.
- 5. Let go of needing to make sense of it all, trust that the information you need will stick and be available to you when you need it.
- 6. Play with both sides of the brain, which side do you tend to hang out on more?
The Right side is the creative, feminine, chaos, imagination, dreaming, pictures and visualizations.
The Left side is logic, order, masculine, thoughts, language and inner dialogue.
Develop an awareness of each part of the brain and how mind energy runs and you will strengthen and support the whole of your brain / mind system. When you use the mind energy to create changes in the energy body the physical body changes easily and more effortlessly.
We are what we think, what is inside you, in you mind becomes a magnet that attracts other thoughts and mental information. We can attract love by holding loving thoughts in our mind because our thoughts create a range of energy patterns we use to build, cultivate or deplete energy.
When it comes to your mind, someone is sitting in the centre of your control panel, who sits there? You, your mother, father, society? You want to be in the centre and have control of what gets into and out of your mental space!
I look forward to reading what you have found out about your ‘self”….. Remember be kind to self, be with your witness, observe without judgment.
Love & light Tracey